Volunteer Usher Login
to join ENCORE!
or renew your
ENCORE! membership online.
to register as a new or returning
ENCORE LIfe Member
( ENCORE! Volunteers who have
served 10+ years)
for a printable(PDF) application
to join ENCORE! or renew your ENCORE! membership
for general information
on joining ENCORE!
For more information about ENCORE! contact Rachel Ingle
Development & Volunteer Manager
If you've ever shopped at Santa's Bag or gotten a helping hand finding your seat from a friendly Usher, then you have met ENCORE!, one of the most active volunteer organizations in the local arts community. ENCORE! is comprised of over 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds who play a vital role in the theatre’s success. In addition to ushering at performances, ENCORE! coordinates Santa’s Bag, one of our largest annual fundraising and charity events. They also plan and host Children’s Theatre’s annual gala, Celebrate! (formerly Spring Jam), our annual Women's Doubles Tennis Tournament and the Spring Brunch & Silent Auction.
ENCORE! Members enjoy special benefits, too, like priority processing for tickets and classes (see full list of benefits and requirements below).
ENCORE! Membership Benefits
- Meet and work with other volunteers with common interests.
- Receive vouchers good for 4 general admission tickets to any performance in the 2013-2014 season.
- Opportunity to register for education classes and summer camps prior to the general public.
- Private shopping hours for Santa’s Bag.
- Invitations to the following social events:
- Fall Membership Coffee
- Santa’s Bag
- Spring Brunch & Auction
- Celebrate! Children’s Theatre of Charlotte
- Women’s Doubles Tennis Tournament
- Opportunity to work with one of the most successful and fun arts organizations in our community!
- Pay dues of $50.00.
- Work as an active member on at least one of 14 committees (see below).
- Usher three times during the year. Ushering involves arriving one hour prior to a performance, taking tickets as the audience enters the theatre, directing the audience to their seats and remaining in the theatre for the entirety of the performance. An ushering shift averages 3-4 hours.
- New members only:
Work one 3-hour shift (Summer or Fall) at one of Santa’s Bag Workshops, and one 3-hour shift as a Santa's Bag Elf. This is a great way to meet new people while learning about ENCORE!’s oldest and dearest tradition, Santa’s Bag.
View details on the 2014-2015 ENCORE! Committees
2014-2015 ENCORE! Council
|Advisory Council Chair
Ashley Robertson & Emily Kennedy
Life Member Liaisons
Kate Buckfelder, Beth Gage and Cookie Parnell
Caryn Craige & Diana Jones
Claire Marston & Mitzi Lynch
Liz Bundon & Jennifer Davis-Martin
Marti Head & Sallie Beason
Spring Brunch and Auction
Laura Walger & Emily Agnew
Jennifer Kane-Ross & Nichelle Weintraub
Sally Fochtmann & Dorothy Smith
Ali Price and Kendall Jones
2014 Santa's Bag Coordinator
2015 Santa's Bag Coordinator
Santa's Bag Finance
Rebecca Canady & Jennifer Miralia
Tammy Jones & Marsha Thrasher
Beth Anthony, Ashley Smith and LeAnn Sommerkamp
Erika Templeton & Cherie McDonald
Sponsor A Child
Trim A Tree