OnStage – School of Theatre Training Performance Project
Students who participate in the School of Theatre Training are invited to register for OnStage, a unique performance opportunity. Students will rehearse a production Monday-Thursday for five weeks and will perform in the McColl Family Theatre or Wells Fargo Playhouse at ImaginOn May 16-18, 2014. Tuition is $150. 2014 OnStage productions are:
Adapted by Edward Mast
from the book by JRR Tolkien
|The Comedy of Errors
By William Shakespeare
|Dear Edwina, Jr.
Book & Lyrics by Marcy Heisler; Music by Zina Goldrich
Music by Mark Hollham; Lyrics by Mark Hollman & Greg Kotis; Book by Greg Kotis
Note: Only students who participate in the 2013-14 School of Theatre Training program will be eligible to audition for the 2014 OnStage productions. Students who receive an Award of Excellence through their SOTT classes will be given priority registration. Early Registration for Award of Excellence students was held from February 17 at 10am-February 21 at 5pm. OnStage registration is now closed, but you may still place your student on a waitlist. Click here for more information.
Students who participate in the School of Theatre Training are invited to audition for OnStage, a unique performance opportunity supported by Children’s Theatre’s professional technical staff and box office. Students will rehearse a play over a five-week rehearsal period and perform in the McColl Family Theatre or the Wells Fargo Playhouse at ImaginOn. Tuition $150.
Families must register online to secure an audition slot; slots fill on a first-come, first-served basis and spacing is limited. Students who secure an audition slot will be contacted via email to schedule an audition appointment. Auditionees must be available Sunday, March 16, 2-6 pm and/or Monday, March 17 5-9 pm.
- Student must be available for all rehearsals and performances.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the Customer Sales and Service Center (704-973-2838) before registering.
- Students must register for OnStage in advance.
- Students who received an Award of Excellence may pre-register.
- OnStage registration is now closed, but you may still place your student on a waitlist. Click here for more information.
- Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
- All students who register and audition will be cast in a production. Due to the nature of the program, no specific show requests are honored; switching productions is not allowed once students are cast.
- Auditions for OnStage will be held on March 16-17, 2014.
- All student must be available for mandatory callbacks will be held March 24, 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Before rehearsals begin, each cast will have a mandatory student/parent meeting to review expectations, answer any questions and distribute important documents including the cast list, scripts, rehearsal schedule and handbook. The mandatory parent and student meeting will occur Tuesday, April 1, 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Rehearsals will take place Mondays-Thursdays, April 7-May 15, 2014 from 5:00-9:00 pm plus Friday, May 9, 5:00-9:00 pm and Saturday, May 10, 9:00 am-9:00 pm. Students should bring homework and snacks for breaks or downtime. NOTE: No rehearsals April 14-17 for Spring Break!
- Performances will be held on May 16-18, 2014. All cast members should be available May 16, 5:00-9:00 pm, May 17, 1:00-9:00 pm, and May 18, 1:00-7:30 pm.
- Stage managers will communicate with parents via email on a regular basis. When registering, please use an email address that you check on a regular basis.
- Audition packets will be mailed to registered families early March.
Students must be registered and have an appointment scheduled in order to audition. Auditions will be held in the rehearsal rooms which are located on the second floor of ImaginOn. Each student should arrive and check in at least 15 minutes prior to their audition. Students must bring their completed audition form, which will be mailed prior to the audition. Students should wear clothing that is appropriate for movement; for safety reasons, footwear must be dance appropriate (flip-flops and sandals are not permitted). At the end of the audition, each student will visit the costume shop to be measured for costumes. During the audition parents may wait in the board room. Parents are not permitted to watch the auditions.
Due to the nature of the program, no specific show requests are honored; switching productions is not allowed once students are cast.