If you’ve ever shopped at Santa’s Bag or gotten a helping hand finding your seat from a friendly usher, then you have met ENCORE!, one of the most active volunteer organizations in the local arts community. ENCORE! is comprised of more than 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds who play a vital role in the theatre’s success. In addition to ushering at performances, ENCORE! coordinates Santa’s Bag, one of our largest annual fundraising and charity events. They also plan and host Children’s Theatre’s annual gala, Celebrate!, our annual Women’s Doubles Tennis Tournament and the Brunch and Auction.
ENCORE! members enjoy special benefits, too, like priority processing for tickets and classes (see full list of benefits and requirements below).
ENCORE! membership benefits
- Meet and work with other volunteers with common interests.
- Receive vouchers good for 4 tickets to any performance in the 2018-2019 season.
- Opportunity to register for education classes and summer camps prior to the general public.
- Private shopping hours for Santa’s Bag.
- Invitations to the following social events:
- Santa’s Bag
- Membership Engagement Experience
- Celebrate! – Children’s Theatre of Charlotte Gala
- Women’s Doubles Tennis Tournament
- Other social events during the season
- Opportunity to work with one of the most successful and fun arts organizations in our community!
- Pay dues of $60 / Sustained Life dues of $35
- Work as an active member on at least one of 10 committees (see below)
- Usher three times during the year. Ushering involves arriving one hour prior to a performance, taking tickets as the audience enters the theatre, directing the audience to their seats and remaining in the theatre for the entirety of the performance. An ushering shift averages three to four hours. Members receive a one ticket voucher for every 3 Usher shifts they work.
- Work one three-hour shift as a Santa’s Bag elf. This is a great way to meet new people while learning about ENCORE!’s oldest and dearest tradition, Santa’s Bag
Advisory Council Chair:
Life Member Liaisons
Mary Margaret Porter
2018 Santa’s Bag Coordinator
2019 Santa’s Bag Coordinator
Santa’s Bag Finance
Santa Daycare Scheduling
Mary Ellen McElroy