Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s Community Involvement Program also offers scholarship tickets to Mainstage productions and special events for families and organizations that work with disadvantaged youth or receive public assistance. Scholarship tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. See below for details.
Scholarship criteria and conditions | Camps and Classes
|Total household size*||Yearly income||Monthly income|
Occasionally, extenuating circumstances may determine scholarship eligibility. If your circumstances do not match the income listed above, you may still be eligible. Indicate your circumstances on the application form or call the Education Systems Coordinator at 704-973-2835. *Household size includes all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, etc.). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
How to apply for a Scholarship | Camps and Classes
- Review the specific program information on our website to find the best class or camp for your child.
- Carefully read over the scholarship criteria and conditions (above) and information (below).
- Fill out the appropriate application form - links to forms are at the top of this page.
- If a scholarship is awarded to your child, you will receive a letter of acceptance via email from our Education Systems Coordinator, Robin Tynes.
- Follow the directions on the letter of acceptance. The registration fee and partial scholarship fees must be paid before the assigned deadline or the scholarship will be reassigned.
- Families will receive notifications approximately 10-14 business days after completing the application process.
Important information about scholarships | Camps and Classes
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and are assigned on a first-come, first served basis. There are a limited number of full scholarships and partial scholarships.
- The entire application must be completed and submitted to be considered. This includes tax returns.
- Students receiving a scholarship must arrive on time for class. Excessive tardiness could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class
- Students must attend at least 80 percent of programming. If a student has one unexcused absence per weekly camp the child will be ineligible for scholarship for a one-year period. In case of emergency, call the Education Systems Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Inappropriate behavior in class could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class.
- Students are eligible for only one scholarship per registration session. (i.e. fall session, winter session, Summer Camp, School of Theatre Training).
- Scholarships do not carry over from session to session. An application is necessary for each class session. (Only one tax return or proof of income is require from Fall through end of Summer. Everyone will need to reapply at the start of the Fall.)
- Only online applications will be accepted.
Scholarship tickets | Admission to shows
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s Community Involvement Program also offers scholarship tickets to mainstage productions and special events for families and organizations that work with disadvantaged youth or receive public assistance. Scholarship tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets should only be used by the organization/ individual that requested them.
- If unable to attend, you must notify the Box Office at least five days before the event.
- As some performances are not suitable for younger audiences, we ask you bring only children of the recommended ages. Please do not bring children under 3 years old.
If you have questions about scholarship tickets, please contact Dee Salts at 704-973-2830.