Scholarships & Payment Plans | For Classes and Camps
We offer payment plans for classes and camps. Payment plans are typically processed in three installments for a small fee. The first installment is due on the date your payment plan is approved. You must pay the balance at least one month prior to the start date of your class or camp. To apply, ►CLICK HERE.
For information on our reduced-cost ticket program for qualifying families and organizations, please ►CLICK HERE.
Scholarship Criteria and Conditions
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte offers full and partial scholarships to qualifying students for programs including Creative Drama, School of Theatre Training Classes and Summer Camps. Scholarship space is limited and fills on a first-come, first-served basis.
The following household size* and income standards are used to determine eligibility. Please double check your eligibility before applying for a scholarship.
|Total household size*||Yearly income||Monthly income|
How to apply for a Scholarship
- Review the specific program information on our website to find the best class or camp for your child.
- Carefully read over the scholarship criteria and conditions (above) and information (below).
- Fill out the appropriate application form - links to forms are at the bottom of this page.
- If a scholarship is awarded to your child, you will receive a letter of acceptance via email.
- Follow the directions on the letter of acceptance. The registration fee and partial scholarship fees must be paid before the assigned deadline or the scholarship will be reassigned.
- Families will receive notifications approximately 10-15 business days after completing the application process.
Important information about scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and are assigned on a first-come, first served basis. There are a limited number of full scholarships and partial scholarships./li>
- The entire application must be completed and submitted to be considered. This includes tax returns.
- Students receiving a scholarship must arrive on time for class. Excessive tardiness could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class
- Students must attend at least 80 percent of programming. If a student has one unexcused absence per weekly camp, the child will be ineligible for scholarship for a one-year period. In case of emergency, call the Education office as soon as possible.
- Inappropriate behavior in class could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class.
- Students are eligible for only one scholarship per registration session. (i.e. fall session, winter session, Summer Camp, School of Theatre Training).
- Scholarships do not carry over from session to session. An application is necessary for each class session. (Only one tax return or proof of income is require from Fall through end of Summer. Everyone will need to reapply at the start of the Fall.)
- Only online applications will be accepted.
Timeline for Scholarship Applications
- Feb 1 - Summer Camp scholarship application available.
- May 1 - Summer Camp scholarship application closes (or before if all available slots are filled).
- July 1 - School of Theatre Training, Fall Creative Drama, and Mini Camp scholarship applications available.
- Nov 1 - School of Theatre Training and Fall Creative Drama scholarship applications close (or before if all available slots are filled).
- Nov 1 - Winter Creative Drama scholarship application available.
- Dec 31 - Winter Creative Drama scholarship application closes (or before if all available slots are filled).
- Ongoing from July 1 - Mini Camp scholarship applications available until all slots are filled.
- Note: If the above dates fall on a weekend, the scholarship will open or close on the following Monday.