Position | Teaching Artist Overhire
Part-time, As Needed (non-exempt)
This position is not entitled to the CTC health and welfare benefits.
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte (CTC) is seeking applicants for overhire teaching artists who will deliver excellent, quality theatre education instruction for the wide range of theatre education programs offered. This is a great opportunity for theatre educators who are seeking extra professional work and have the flexibility and desire to “scrub in” as needed. Teaching Artist Overhires are contacted and interviewed on an as-needed basis. We discourage you to apply if you are seeking a regular full-time or part-time position.
We are looking for Teaching Artists who are highly qualified, have expressed interest in working with us and have a passion for the mission and vision of CTC. The main projects for our teaching artists at Children's Theatre of Charlotte include:
- From September to March, we offer two 10-week Creative Drama offerings (ages 2 to 5th grade) and a 20-week School of Theatre Training (Grades 3-12).
- Creative Drama or School of Theatre Training Teaching Artists are eligible to serve on the artistic or production team for our annual OnStage productions, a performance opportunity from March to May for students participating in our School of Theatre Training.
- Teaching Artist overhires may be invited to work June through August as an integral member of the CTC Summer Camp staff.
- Teaching at our in-school long- and short-term residencies, community partnerships, and ASC culture blocks throughout the year.
Schedules will vary in times and age groups. Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in Theatre , Theatre Education, or have equivalent experience and be qualified to teach ages 3-18 in one or more of the following concentrations:
- Musical Theatre/Choreographer
- Early Childhood & Elementary
- Vocal Instruction
All of CTC’s Teaching Artists are expected to:
- Deliver quality theatre instruction based on CTC’s course of study and abiding by CTC training methods to meet student's need and ability.
- Create lesson plans for education programs derived from defined and prescribed curriculum.
- Communicate regularly with parents and staff, striving to maintain program quality.
- Develops, delivers and participates in, as needed, professional development opportunities designed for CTC Teaching Artist and outside theatre education professionals.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Complete the Children’s Theatre of Charlotte General Employment Application
- Complete the Teaching Artist Overhire Application Supplement
Online applications preferred, but you may fax or mail résumés and applications to:
Children's Theatre of Charlotte
Attn: Human Resources
300 E. Seventh Street
Charlotte, N.C. 28202